Friday, September 11, 2009

II/77 Silla Koreans


This is the first of three Korean Armies that I intend to paint here in Korea. I figure it is more then appropriate. I was waiting to paint these until I visited the Korean War Museum in Seoul. I took pictures of the Silla uniforms from the museum and painted the army to match as close as I could. The Cataphracts were not depicted in the museum. The Figures are from Time Portal Hobbies, Thanks guys!

These guys stumped me for about a week and a half while I figured out what I wanted them to look like. Nothing like a kick in the shorts to get you moving in the right direction again. The Dragon Turtle idea came to mind as something different. Besides I did not want the flag to look like Tony's.

These are the two units of PK and the Ps and LH. Much more of the same coloration. I was disappointed in the length of the pikes. I would have replaced them however they were not easily removed without the risk of damage to the figures

The Trident Sp. These guys prompted me to paint three empty 15mm stands magenta so that they would be safe in the case. These guys would not mess with anyone especially themselves. Oh well at least they are aggressively charging forward like they think they might attack something.

I was intrigued that their were two different figures for the Bw. painted the hoods on the two stands different colors to give them some individuality. Looking forward to painting the other two armies while I am here. I will wait for a bit so that I will be excited about Koreans again before I begin.

No comments: