Saturday, May 4, 2013

II/25 Bosporan

 I think I bought the figures from Mike Sanderson at Recruits in MO.  The figures are all Essex minus the artillery crew and piece which are Old Glory.  I had ART left over from my Armenians from some time ago.  Felt like the one piece out in the open was lame so I gave them some defensive terrain.
 The shooters are what makes this army playable, in my opinion.  Otherwise mounted are an issue even with four KN.
The General and his host.  I went with a blue theme with a splattering of dark red.  I was thinking Sarmatian meet Byzantines....anyway its what I went with.
 I wanted something simple for the shield design.  Probably should have been all the same design for an issued item to the troops but I got tired of painting circles....you know how it is sometimes.
The Killer elite...PS...dun dun daaaa  Hopefully they don't die on turn one when I jump out to surprise your general who was hanging out by the bad going......evil laugh insert here

3 comments:

glenn832 said...

Essex figs as good as anybodies when they're this well painted.

Engel said...

Just stumbeled oppon this blog of yours.
Really nice collections you got.
Cheers/ Jonas

Nic said...

Great looking army. I'd be happy/proud to field them.