Saturday, January 24, 2009

II/69 Sassanid Persians

When I saw these figures form 50Paces, I had to have them. Well, that was a little over a year ago. Apparently, I had to have them weigh down my lead box. I hope you enjoy.
I painted the Cv in as much of a mismatched scheme as I thought I could come up with. I figured each of these nobles bought their own trappings so each should be different. I bored out the fragile lances that where on the molds and replaced them with longer stronger needles.

Love these guys. Here comes trouble. Any where you get that many men together with really nothing to do...they will find a way to screw things up just to have fun.


This elephant was purchased from a old essex box from NASCON. I am not sure what era it came from but it seemed to fit the bill. The riders are Ax and LH figures and the driver was from a Carthaginian elephant also from essex.



The combat multipliers....ok these are the guys that get the HD out of trouble.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice looking army. I had fun beating on them. Too bad the dice deserted you. Your Horde still held tough though!

LittleHordes said...

Thanks Tony. The Horde will want thier revenge!