Wednesday, January 20, 2010

WWI HITT Stuff

So I got excited about working on some WWI guys. I ordered some Russians from Peter Pig this past weekend. I wish they where here already. I am not very patient when it comes to waiting for figures to get here. Here is my Barrage and my poison gas stand. The poison is just plastic cut-outs from a notebook. I cut a grove in the stand and glued them in place. The plastic does not paint or spray so you have to be careful with it.
This was fun to build. The Russian bunker/Stronghold. I have no intentions on being on the defensive....although the dice may give their two cents. The majority of this building made from wood. I then put some foam on the top for the dirt and then coated the entire thing, minus the floor boards, in wood filler. Turned out nice. It is mounted on a 40x60mm stand. No one will actually fit in there, but from what I understand the stronghold comes with defenders already.
I wanted to make some wire for the game. I tinkered around a bit and decided to use thread and some wire to make Barbed wire stands. The thread was woven through the uprights and glued in place. The "barbs" are just knots in the thread. I will post the troops when they arrive and are painted.


No comments: