Sunday, January 27, 2008

III/61 Sung Chinese

I purchased the Essex figures to make a Sung army while gaming in Nashville. The army has been half way complete for almost a year now. Fortunately, I have been re-energized to paint here lately and have decided to finish the armies that I started and never completed (one more to go)
Just thought that Bd could use some color and some spiffy flags to whirl around as they "sliced and diced" their many opponents.
Bw are Bw, enough said
I was originally excited to paint this army because it had a Horde in it, Yes you are reading correctly, I love fighting with units who should have stayed home at the farm.
Reminds me of Tonto! How?Here is the true inspiration to the army. Two Artillery pieces, or in this case Rockets. The rockets are carved from wood square stock. The loaders are manipulated crossbowmen with rockets extended from their crossbow shafts. The hot coals are pieces of a drinking straw filled with small rocks and painted red and black. Can not wait to see them shoot at something. Hey, if they miss, at least we will see a marvelous fireworks display.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Hullo
Very well painted indeed.
Was this a standard Essex Sung Chinese DBA Army pack?
Your link on the art jpg may be incorrect as I kept getting the General when I clicked on the jpg.
Kind Regards
Derek